All objects in this category:

33 results
Now Showing page 6 of 9

Geevor at Grass

Buildings

 

Winder House

Click to see a larger version of this imageclose up of winder

There are two winders at Geevor which were used to haul cages of men and skips of ore up Victory shaft. 


Find out more >>

 

Mine Rescue and First Aid Room

Click to see a larger version of this imageinterior of the mine rescue room displaying breathing apparatus, hard hats and equipment

Geevor had a team of rescuers and first aider’s trained to deal with any kind of accident or fire outbreak. 


Find out more >>

 

Drill shop

Click to see a larger version of this image

The original drill shop was built in 1926, to the west of Victory Shaft.


Find out more >>

 

Top Fitting Shop

Click to see a larger version of this imageinterior of the top fitting shop

The Top Fitting Shop was one of the engineering workshops for the mine.


Find out more >>

<<123456789>>


  • View Comments
  • Leave a Comment

No comments yet...why not be the first!

Click 'Leave a Comment' above.

Name: (as you would like it to appear on the website)

Email: (this will not be displayed on the website)

Comments: